ALASKA STATE MOTTO:
"North to the future"
We make it easy to start your LLC in Alaska. DBI Global Filings will handle all aspects of forming your LLC. Here is what we do for you:
- Check your company name for availability with the Alaska Secretary of State
- Prepare and review name reservation certificate
- Prepare and review the certificate of formation
- Provide an Alaska registered agent office and legal address
- Submit initial LLC filing fee to Alaska
- Notify you of any annual compliance requirements
Here is some basic information for your review.
How to form an LLC in Alaska?
- Choose a name for your LLC: The name of the limited liability company must contain the words “limited liability company” or the abbreviation
“L.L.C.,” or “LLC”. The word “limited” may be abbreviated as “Ltd.,” and the word “company” may be
abbreviated as “Co.” The name of a city, borough, or village may be used in a limited liability company name;
however, the name may not contain the word “city,” “borough,” or “village” or otherwise imply that the company
is a municipality. A company name must be distinguishable upon the record.
- State your LLC's Purpose: The purpose describes activities of the company at the time of the initial filing and may include “any lawful purpose.” In addition to purpose, also include the NAICS code where indicated. NAICS code may not conflict with the purpose listed.
- Retain a Registered Agent: The registered agent of this domestic LLC must be an individual who is a resident of Alaska, or a corporation (excluding LLC, LP and LLP) registered and in good standing with this office. The registered agent is statutorily responsible for receiving and forwarding processes, notices, or demands on to the last known address of the entity. A LLC may not act as a registered agent. A physical address and a mailing address in
the State of Alaska must be given.
- Decide on type of management: An LLC may be managed by members, or managed by managers. If the LLC is managed by members, there will be no managers and at least one member. If the LLC is managed by managers, there must be at least one member and one manager; additionally the managers have sole decision making power within the LLC.
- Add any Optional Provisions: Attach additional pages for continuation of optional provisions and/or additional articles as authorized in the statutes. Please indicate which article you are continuing and/or insert any desired additional provisions authorized by Alaska Statutes.
How much is an Alaska LLC formation?
All Alaska LLC formations require an initial filing fee of $250. Alaska does not offer any expedited services.
How long does it take to process the Alaska LLC paperwork?
All filings are processed in the order in which they are received. Please allow 10-15 business days for processing.
What does DBI Global Filings do? How much do you charge?
Upon receiving your order, we prepare the articles of formation, ensure that the information complies with Alaska state law, and review the filing for accuracy. We charge a one-time processing fee and an annual registered agent fee. Our processing fees are listed on our order form.
Information about other states is available by selecting a state from the menu below. Visit Alaska's website for more detailed information about incorporating. Thank you for your interest in forming an Alaska LLC.