CONNECTICUT STATE MOTTO:
"He who is transplanted still sustains"
We make it easy to start your LLC in Connecticut. DBI Global Filings will handle all aspects of forming your LLC. Here is what we do for you:
- Check your company name for availability with the Connecticut Secretary of State
- Prepare and review name reservation certificate
- Prepare and review the certificate of formation
- Provide an Connecticut registered agent office and legal address
- Submit initial LLC filing fee to Connecticut
- Notify you of any annual compliance requirements
Here is some basic information for your review.
How do I set up a LLC in Connecticut?
- Select a company name. : The name MUST include a business designation, such as Limited Liability Company, LLC, L.L.C., Limited Liability Co., Ltd. Liability Company, or Ltd. Liability Co. Professional LLCs must contain P.L.L.C., PLLC, Professional Limited Liability Company. Limited may be abbreviated "Ltd" and Company may be abbreviated
"Co" and the name must be distinguishable from all other active business names on record.
- List a Principal Office: Include street number, street name, city, state and zip code. PO Boxes are NOT permitted.
- Mailing Address: Include street number, street name, city, state and zip code. A PO Box IS acceptable.
- Member or manager information: The limited liability company must list the name, title, business and residence address of at least one member or manager of the limited liability company.
- You can also have other provisions named.
Can I reserve a limited liability company name in advance of formation?
Yes. A name may be reserved for a period of 120 days. There is a $60 filing fee to reserve a LLC name.
Does Connecticut require that members or managers be listed?
Yes. Connecticut requires that at least one member and/or manager be listed on the certificate of formation. A full name, business and residence address is required. PO Boxes are NOT acceptable addresses.
Does Connecticut require a principal office?
Yes. Connecticut requires a principal office. The office must be a physical address. PO boxes are NOT permitted.
Does Connecticut permit a mailing address?
Yes. You can list a mailing address with Connecticut. A PO Box IS acceptable.
Do I need to provide Connecticut an email address?
No. Connecticut does NOT require an email address. However, it will help them communicate with you.
How much does it cost for a LLC in Connecticut?
Connecticut charges an initial filing fee of $120.
Are there are annual renewal fees in Connecticut?
Yes. Every domestic and foreign limited liability company registered to do business in Connecticut shall file an annual certificate each year on the company’s anniversary date and shall pay an annual report fee $80.
How long does it take to get a LLC in Connecticut?
Connecticut takes about 7-10 business days to setup your LLC and receive your certificate.
How do I get an EIN number in Connecticut?
Employer Identification Numbers (EINs) are issued by the Internal Revenue Service. States do not issue EIN numbers.
What does DBI Global Filings do? How much do you charge?
Upon receiving your order, we prepare the articles of formation, ensure that the information complies with Connecticut state law, and review the filing for accuracy. We charge a one-time processing fee and an annual registered agent fee. Our processing fees are listed on our order form.