GEORGIA STATE MOTTO:
"Wisdom, Justice, Moderation"
We make it easy to start your corporation in Georgia. DBI Global Filings will handle all aspects of forming your corporation. Here is what we do for you:
- Check your company name for availability with the Georgia Secretary of State
- Prepare and review name reservation certificate
- Prepare and review the certificate of incorporation
- Provide an Georgia registered agent office and legal address
- Submit initial corporation filing fee to Georgia
- Notify you of any annual compliance requirements
Here is some basic information for your review.
How do I set up a corporation in Georgia?
- Select a company name. Corporation name must contain one of the following: Corporation, Corp., Incorporated, Inc., Company, Co., Limited, or Ltd. The complete name must be 80 characters or less, including any spaces and/or punctuation.
- Indicate the number of authorized shares.
- List a Mailing Address for your Principal Office: Include street number, street name, city, state and zip code.
- You can also have other provisions named.
Can I reserve a corporation company name in advance of formation?
Yes. A name may be reserved for a period of 30 days. There is a $25 filing fee to reserve a corporation name.
Does Georgia require that directors or officers to be listed?
No. Georgia does NOT require that any directors or officers to be listed on the certificate of incorporation.
Does Georgia require a principal office?
Yes. Georgia requires a principal office. The office can be a mailing address. PO boxes can be listed after physical addresses.
Does Georgia need a duration listed on the certificate of formation?
No. Listing a duration is optional.
Do I need to list a corporation purpose on the certificate of formation?
No. Georgia does NOT require that a purpose be listed on the certificate.
How much does it cost for a corporation in Georgia?
Georgia charges an initial filing fee of $100.
Are there any annual renewal fees in Georgia?
Yes. Every domestic and foreign corporation registered to do business in Georgia shall file an annual certificate each year on the company’s anniversary date and shall pay an annual report fee $50.
How long does it take to get a corporation in Georgia?
Georgia takes about 7-10 business days to setup your corporation and receive your certificate.
How do I get an EIN number in Georgia?
Employer Identification Numbers (EINs) are issued by the Internal Revenue Service. States do not issue EIN numbers.
What does DBI Global Filings do? How much do you charge?
Upon receiving your order, we prepare the articles of formation, ensure that the information complies with Georgia state law, and review the filing for accuracy. We charge a one-time processing fee and an annual registered agent fee. Our processing fees are listed on our order form.