IOWA STATE MOTTO:
"Our liberties we prize and our rights we will maintain."
We make it easy to start your corporation in Iowa. DBI Global Filings will handle all aspects of forming your corporation. Here is what we do for you:
- Check your company name for availability with the Iowa Secretary of State
- Prepare and review the certificate of incorporation
- Provide an Iowa registered agent office and legal address
- Submit initial corporation filing fee to Iowa
- Notify you of any annual compliance requirements
Here is some basic information for your review.
How do I set up a corporation in Iowa?
- Select a company name. The name of the company must contain one of the following words: Corporation, Corp., Incorporated, Inc., Company, Co., Limited, or Ltd.
- State the number of authorized shares.
- You can also have other provisions named.
Can I reserve a corporation name in advance of formation?
Yes. There is a $10 filing fee to reserve a corporation name.
Does Iowa need a duration listed on the certificate of incorporation?
No. Listing a duration is optional.
Do I need to list a corporation purpose on the certificate of formation?
No. Iowa does NOT require that a purpose be listed on the certificate.
Do I need to provide Iowa an email address?
No. Iowa does NOT require an email address.
How much does it cost for a LLC in Iowa?
Iowa charges an initial filing fee of $20.
Are there any annual renewal fees in Iowa?
Yes. Every domestic corporation registered to do business in Iowa shall file an annual certificate every other year (biennial) on the company’s anniversary date and shall pay an annual report fee $45.
How long does it take to get a corporation in Iowa?
Iowa takes about 7-10 business days to setup your corporation and receive your certificate.
How do I get an EIN number in Iowa?
Employer Identification Numbers (EINs) are issued by the Internal Revenue Service. States do not issue EIN numbers.
What does DBI Global Filings do? How much do you charge?
Upon receiving your order, we prepare the articles of formation, ensure that the information complies with Iowa state law, and review the filing for accuracy. We charge a one-time processing fee and an annual registered agent fee. Our processing fees are listed on our order form.