What is a formation document?
A formation document is known as a Certificate of Formation in most states. Sometimes it is called a Certificate of Organization. A formation document includes a state's minimum required information to be filed with a Secretary of State. Items included on a Certificate of Formation include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Name of LLC or Corporation
- Principal address
- Mailing address
- Indicate the duration of the LLC. Most states allow "perpetual". (LLC only)
- Type of management either member-managed or manager-managed (LLC only)
- Names and addresses of initial members or directors
- Names and addresses of managers (LLC only)
- Registered agent name and address
- Authorized signers
What are some of the reasons why I would need a certified copy of a company's formation documents?
- Original copies were lost
- Back-up copies to keep in your corporate records book
- Opening a business bank account
- Bringing on investors or partners
- Foreign qualifying your company in another state
How can DBI Global Filings help me?
All documents related to a company are public record. When a state "certifies" a document, they are certifying the duplicate copy as a "true copy" of the original. Certified copies are official state-issued certificates of the formation documents.
Most formation documents are available as either plain copies or certified copies. Some states provide only "certified" copies.
We can retrieve the formation documents you need for any LLC or corporation in any state. Let us navigate the appropriate state's website and retrieve the documents you need in a timely manner.
How much do you charge for formation document retrieval services?
Your time is valuable. Use our formation document retrieval service to increase your productivity. Our trained Document Retrieval Specialists are experienced in navigating each state's Secretary of State website. Here's what we do for our processing fee:
- Receive and review your order
- Verify your request
- Place the order with the appropriate state agency
- Pay government filing fees on your behalf
- Follow-up with the state agency on your request
- Forward your documents via email or express shipping
We charge a one-time processing fee of $35 plus state document retrieval fees for formation documents. Each state has different fees. See our comprehensive document retrieval order form for exact fees.
Thank you for your interest in our formation document retrieval services.