florida stATE MOTTO:
"in god we trust"
We make it easy to start your LLC in Florida. DBI Global Filings will handle all aspects of forming your LLC. Here is what we do for you:
- Check your business entity name for availability with the Florida Secretary of State
- Prepare and review the certificate of formation
- Provide a Florida registered agent office and legal address for service of process
- Submit initial LLC filing fee to Florida
- Notify you of any annual compliance requirements
Here is some basic information for your review.
How to setup a LLC in Florida? How to form a LLC in Florida?
- Choose a name for your LLC. It must contain the words "Limited Liability Company, "L.L.C." or "LLC".
- Florida requires a mailing address AND street address of the principal office of the LLC.
- The LLC cannot serve as its own registered agent or registered office.
- You must provide the name and address of each person authorized to manage and control the Limited Liability Company. Florida recognizes either an "Authorized Member" (Abbreviation "AMBR") OR "Manager" (Abbreviation "MGR")
- The filing date will be the effective date. If an effective date is listed, the date must be specific and cannot be more than five business days prior to or 90 days after the date of filing.
- Florida allows other provisions to be stated on the LLC certificate.
Does Florida allow single member LLC?
Yes, Florida allows a single member LLC. Florida does not require an operating agreement. However, even a single member LLC should have an operating agreement. The operating agreement does not need to be filed with the State of Florida. The operating agreement is between the single member and the LLC. Florida also permits LLCs to be manager managed.
How much does a LLC cost in Florida?
Florida charges a one-time fee of $125.00 for filing the Articles of Organization and Designation of Registered Agent. As an option, you can have a certified copy for $30.
What is the annual fee and when are Florida LLC taxes due?
The annual fee for LLCs is $138.75 and the fee is due every May 1.
Will I have to pay a federal tax or state income tax?
Please consult with a qualified tax attorney or certified public accountant licensed to practice in Florida.
Can I open a business bank account after my new Florida LLC is formed?
Yes. However, check with your local bank first regarding the paperwork you'll need. All banks will require a Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN) to open a bank account.
What other types of businesses does the State of Florida recognize?
Florida recognizes LLCs, general corporations, subchapter S corporations, and partnerships.
What does DBI Global Filings do? How much do you charge?
Upon receiving your order, we prepare the articles of formation, ensure that the information complies with Florida state law, and review the filing for accuracy. For filing purposes, we can also act as your authorized representative. We charge a one-time processing fee and an annual registered agent fee. Our processing fees are listed on our order form.