GEORGIA STATE MOTTO:
"Wisdom, Justice, Moderation"
We make it easy to start your LLC in Georgia. DBI Global Filings will handle all aspects of forming your LLC. Here is what we do for you:
- Check your company name for availability with the Georgia Secretary of State
- Prepare and review name reservation certificate
- Prepare and review the certificate of formation
- Provide an Georgia registered agent office and legal address
- Submit initial LLC filing fee to Georgia
- Notify you of any annual compliance requirements
Here is some basic information for your review.
How do I set up a LLC in Georgia?
- Select a company name. LLC name must contain one of the following: "Limited Liability Company," "LLC," "L.L.C.," "Limited Company," "LC," or "L.C." The term "Limited" is allowed to be abbreviated as "Ltd." and "Company" may be abbreviated as "Co." The complete name must be 80 characters or less, including any spaces and/or punctuation.
- List a Principal Office: Include street number, street name, city, state and zip code. PO Boxes are NOT permitted.
- Mailing Address: Include street number, street name, city, state and zip code. A PO Box IS acceptable.
- You can also have other provisions named.
Can I reserve a limited liability company name in advance of formation?
Yes. A name may be reserved for a period of 30 days. There is a $25 filing fee to reserve a LLC name.
Does Georgia require that members or managers be listed?
No. Georgia does NOT require that any members or managers be listed on the certificate of formation.
Does Georgia require a principal office?
Yes. Georgia requires a principal office. The office must be a physical address. PO boxes can be listed after physical addresses.
Does Georgia permit a mailing address?
Yes. You can list a mailing address with Georgia. A PO Box IS acceptable.
Does Georgia need a duration listed on the certificate of formation?
No. Listing a duration is optional.
Do I need to list a LLC purpose on the certificate of formation?
No. Georgia does NOT require that a purpose be listed on the certificate.
Do I need to provide Georgia an email address?
Yes. Georgia does require an email address. The certificate of approval will be sent to the email. Your email will be part of the public record.
Does Georgia ask for any inclusion ownership information?
Yes. However, it is optional to answer these questions: 1) Is this a female owned business? Is this a minority owned business?
How much does it cost for a LLC in Georgia?
Georgia charges an initial filing fee of $100.
Are there any annual renewal fees in Georgia?
Yes. Every domestic and foreign limited liability company registered to do business in Georgia shall file an annual certificate each year on the company’s anniversary date and shall pay an annual report fee $15.
How long does it take to get a LLC in Georgia?
Georgia takes about 7-10 business days to setup your LLC and receive your certificate.
How do I get an EIN number in Georgia?
Employer Identification Numbers (EINs) are issued by the Internal Revenue Service. States do not issue EIN numbers.
What does DBI Global Filings do? How much do you charge?
Upon receiving your order, we prepare the articles of formation, ensure that the information complies with Georgia state law, and review the filing for accuracy. We charge a one-time processing fee and an annual registered agent fee. Our processing fees are listed on our order form.