HAWAII STATE MOTTO:
"The life of the land is perpetuated in righteousness"
We make it easy to start your LLC in Hawaii. DBI Global Filings will handle all aspects of forming your LLC. Here is what we do for you:
- Check your company name for availability with the Hawaii Secretary of State
- Prepare and review name reservation certificate
- Prepare and review the certificate of formation
- Provide an Hawaii registered agent office and legal address
- Submit initial LLC filing fee to Hawaii
- Notify you of any annual compliance requirements
Here is some basic information for your review.
How do I set up a LLC in Hawaii?
- Select a company name. The name must contain the words Limited Liability Company or the abbreviation L.L.C. or LLC.
- List a Principal Office: Include street number, street name, city, county, state and zip code. PO Boxes are NOT permitted.
- Mailing Address: Include street number, street name, city, county, state and zip code. A PO Box IS acceptable.
- Member or manager information: The limited liability company must list the name, title, business and residence address of at least one member or manager of the limited liability company.
- You can also have other provisions named.
Can I reserve a limited liability company name in advance of formation?
Yes. A name may be reserved for a period of 120 days. There is a $20 filing fee to reserve a LLC name.
Does Hawaii require that members or managers be listed?
Yes. Hawaii does require that any members or managers be listed on the certificate of formation. All members or managers must include their home or business address.
Does Hawaii require a principal office?
Yes. Hawaii requires a principal office. The office must be a physical address.
Does Hawaii permit a mailing address?
Yes. You can list a mailing address with Hawaii. A PO Box IS acceptable.
Does Hawaii need a duration listed on the certificate of formation?
Yes. They will also accept "perpetual".
Do I need to list a LLC purpose on the certificate of formation?
No. Hawaii does NOT require that a purpose be listed on the certificate of formation.
Do I need to provide Hawaii an email address?
No. Hawaii does NOT require an email address.
Do I need to provide Hawaii a telephone number?
Does Hawaii require a website URL?
How much does it cost for a LLC in Hawaii?
Hawaii charges an initial filing fee of $50.
Does Hawaii offer any expedited services?
Yes. For an expedited review, Hawaii charges an additional $25.
Are there any annual renewal fees in Hawaii?
Yes. Every domestic and foreign limited liability company registered to do business in Hawaii shall file an annual report due within the formation quarter. The annual report fee is $15.
How long does it take to get a LLC in Hawaii?
Hawaii takes about 9-11 business days to setup your LLC and receive your formation certificate.
How do I get an EIN number in Hawaii?
Employer Identification Numbers (EINs) are issued by the Internal Revenue Service. States do not issue EIN numbers.
What does DBI Global Filings do? How much do you charge?
Upon receiving your order, we prepare the articles of formation, ensure that the information complies with Hawaii state law, and review the filing for accuracy. We charge a one-time processing fee and an annual registered agent fee. Our processing fees are listed on our order form.