IOWA STATE MOTTO:
"Our liberties we prize and our rights we will maintain."
We make it easy to start your LLC in Iowa. DBI Global Filings will handle all aspects of forming your LLC. Here is what we do for you:
- Check your company name for availability with the Iowa Secretary of State
- Prepare and review name reservation certificate
- Prepare and review the certificate of formation
- Provide an Iowa registered agent office and legal address
- Submit initial LLC filing fee to Iowa
- Notify you of any annual compliance requirements
Here is some basic information for your review.
How do I set up a LLC in Iowa?
- Select a company name. The name of the company must contain the words "limited liability company" or the abbreviation "L.L.C.," or "LLC". The word "limited" may be abbreviated as "Ltd.," and the word "company" may be
abbreviated as "Co.". Also the name cannot already be used by any registered business entity in the state. There are certain words which are restricted or prohibited from being used in the name of an LLC. Restricted words are generally words which require additional supporting paperwork and licensed individuals to be part of the LLC, such as Banc, Bank, Banque, Doctor, Engineer etc. Prohibited words are generally any words that would confuse the name of your LLC with a federal agency, state agency, or municipality e.g. FBI, Secret Service, Treasury etc.
- List a Principal Office: Include street number, street name, city, state and zip code. PO Boxes are NOT permitted.
- Mailing Address: Include street number, street name, city, state and zip code. A PO Box IS acceptable.
- Member or manager information: The limited liability company must list the name, title, business and residence address of at least one member or manager of the limited liability company.
- Business purpose of the LLC.
- You can also have other provisions named.
Can I reserve a limited liability company name in advance of formation?
Yes. There is a $10 filing fee to reserve a LLC name.
Does Iowa require a principal office?
Yes. Iowa requires a principal office. The office must be a physical address. PO boxes can be listed after physical addresses.
Does Iowa permit a mailing address?
Yes. You can list a mailing address with Iowa. A PO Box IS acceptable.
Does Iowa need a duration listed on the certificate of formation?
No. Listing a duration is optional.
Do I need to list a LLC purpose on the certificate of formation?
No. Iowa does NOT require that a purpose be listed on the certificate.
Do I need to provide Iowa an email address?
No. Iowa does NOT require an email address.
How much does it cost for a LLC in Iowa?
Iowa charges an initial filing fee of $50.
Are there any annual renewal fees in Iowa?
Yes. Every domestic and foreign limited liability company registered to do business in Iowa shall file an annual certificate each year on the company’s anniversary date and shall pay an annual report fee $45.
How long does it take to get a LLC in Iowa?
Iowa takes about 7-10 business days to setup your LLC and receive your certificate.
How do I get an EIN number in Iowa?
Employer Identification Numbers (EINs) are issued by the Internal Revenue Service. States do not issue EIN numbers.
What does DBI Global Filings do? How much do you charge?
Upon receiving your order, we prepare the articles of formation, ensure that the information complies with Iowa state law, and review the filing for accuracy. We charge a one-time processing fee and an annual registered agent fee. Our processing fees are listed on our order form.