MICHIGAN State Motto:
"If you seek a pleasant peninsula, look about you"
We make it easy to start your LLC in Michigan. DBI Global Filings, LLC will handle all aspects of forming your LLC. Here is what we do for you:
- Check your company name for availability with the Michigan Secretary of State
- Prepare and review the certificate of formation
- Provide a Michigan registered agent office and legal address
- Submit initial LLC filing fee to Michigan
- Notify you of any annual compliance requirements
Here is some basic information for your review.
How much does it cost to start an LLC in Michigan?
The state of Michigan charges a $50 filing fee for the formation of a limited liability company. Expedited processing services are available for the following additional fees: 24-hour processing for $50, same-day processing for $100, two-hour processing for $500 and one-hour processing for $1000.
How do I setup a LLC in Michigan?
- You'll need to select a Limited Liability Company name. The name of a domestic limited liability company is required to contain the words Limited Liability Company or the abbreviation L.L.C. or L.C., with or without periods.
- The purpose or purposes for which the limited liability company is formed is to engage in any activity within the purposes for which a limited liability company may be formed under the Limited Liability Company Act of Michigan.
- If other than perpetual, you must state the duration of the limited liability company. A later effective date, no more than 90 days after the date of delivery, may be stated.
- The business shall be managed by MEMBERS unless the Articles of Organization state the business will be managed by MANAGERS. If the limited liability company is to be managed by managers instead of by members, insert a statement to that effect.
- The name of the registered agent at the registered office.
- The street address of the location of the registered office.
- The mailing address of the registered office if different than street address.
- Any other provisions which the limited liability company elects to include.
- The Articles must be signed by one or more persons organizing the Limited Liability Company.
How long does it take to get an LLC in Michigan?
It typically takes 3 to 15 days to receive a stamped copy of your Articles of Formation. Michigan offers expedited processing for an additional fee.
How are LLCs taxed in Michigan?
A Michigan LLC does not pay tax, only their members do. The corporate tax rate in Michigan is 6% of taxable of income. LLCs allow you the flexibility to choose to be taxed as a partnership or corporation. To file your state corporate income tax, you'll need to file Form 4891 with the Michigan Department of Treasury.
When are Michigan LLC taxes due?
An annual report must be filed by February 15 each year. The annual filing fee is $25.
What does DBI Global Filings do? How much do you charge?
Upon receiving your order, we prepare the articles of formation, ensure that the information complies with Michigan state law, and review the filing for accuracy. We charge a one-time processing fee and an annual registered agent fee. Our processing fees are listed on our order form.