minnesota state moTTO:
"the star of the north"
We make it easy to start your LLC in Minnesota. DBI Global Filings will handle all aspects of forming your LLC. Here is what we do for you:
- Check your company name for availability with the Minnesota Secretary of State
- Prepare and review name reservation certificate
- Prepare and review the certificate of formation
- Provide an Minnesota registered agent office and legal address
- Submit initial LLC filing fee to Minnesota
- Notify you of any annual compliance requirements
Here is some basic information for your review.
How do I set up a LLC in Minnesota?
- Select a company name. The company name MUST include the words Limited Liability Company or abbreviation
LLC, and may not include the words "corporation” or “incorporated” or their abbreviations.
- Organizer information: The limited liability company must list the name, title, business and residence address of at least one organizer of the limited liability company.
- You can also have other provisions named.
Can I reserve a limited liability company name in advance of formation?
Yes. A name may be reserved for a period of 12 months. There is a $55 filing fee to reserve a LLC name.
Does Minnesota require that members or managers be listed?
Yes. Minnesota uses the term "Organizer". Only one “Person” is required. A “Person” means as an individual 18 years of age or older, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, limited liability company, association, joint venture, public corporation, government or government subdivision, agency, or any other legal or commercial entity. List the name and company address for each organizer. A signature is required for each organizer or by an Authorized Agent.
Does Minnesota require a principal office?
No. Minnesota does NOT require a principal office.
Does Minnesota need a duration listed on the certificate of formation?
Yes. Duration is to be indicated as "perpetual".
Do I need to list a LLC purpose on the certificate of formation?
No. Minnesota does NOT require that a purpose be listed on the certificate.
Do I need to provide Minnesota an email address?
Yes. Minnesota does require an email address for delivery of official notices.
How much does it cost for a LLC in Minnesota?
Minnesota charges an initial filing fee of $155.
Are there are annual renewal fees in Minnesota?
No. However, every domestic LLC registered to do business in Minnesota must file an annual renewal certificate each year by December 31. There is NO annual report or renewal fee.
How long does it take to get a LLC in Minnesota?
Minnesota takes about 2-5 business days to setup your LLC and receive your certificate.
How do I get an EIN number in Minnesota?
Employer Identification Numbers (EINs) are issued by the Internal Revenue Service. States do not issue EIN numbers.
What does DBI Global Filings do? How much do you charge?
Upon receiving your order, we prepare the articles of formation, ensure that the information complies with Minnesota state law, and review the filing for accuracy. We charge a one-time processing fee and an annual registered agent fee. Our processing fees are listed on our order form.