NEBRASKA STATE MOTTO
"EQUALITY BEFORE THE LAW"
We make it easy to start your LLC in Nebraska. DBI Global Filings will handle all aspects of forming your LLC. Here is what we do for you:
- Check your company name for availability with the Nebraska Secretary of State
- Prepare and review name reservation certificate
- Prepare and review the certificate of formation
- Provide an Nebraska registered agent office and legal address
- Submit initial LLC filing fee to Nebraska
- Notify you of any annual compliance requirements
Here is some basic information for your review.
How do I set up a LLC in Nebraska?
- Select a company name. The name of a limited liability
company must contain the abbreviation "L.L.C." or "LLC".
- List a Principal Office: Include street number, street name, city, state and zip code. PO Boxes are NOT permitted. This address MUST be a Nebraska address.
- You can also have other provisions named.
Can I reserve a limited liability company name in advance of formation?
Yes. A name may be reserved for a period of 120 days. There is a $15 filing fee to reserve a LLC name.
Does Nebraska require that members or managers be listed?
No. Nebraska does NOT require that any members or managers be listed on the certificate of formation. However, at least one Manager, Member or other Governing Person will need to be provided in the annual report.
Does Nebraska require a principal office?
Yes. Nebraska requires a principal office. The office must be a physical address. PO boxes can be listed after physical addresses.
Does Nebraska need a duration listed on the certificate of formation?
No. Listing a duration is optional.
Do I need to list a LLC purpose on the certificate of formation?
No. Nebraska does NOT require that a purpose be listed on the certificate.
Do I need to provide Nebraska an email address?
No. Nebraska does NOT require an email address.
How much does it cost for a LLC in Nebraska?
Nebraska charges an initial filing fee of $105.
Are there any annual renewal fees in Nebraska?
Yes. Every domestic and foreign limited liability company registered to do business in Nebraska shall file a biennial (every 2 years) report and shall pay a biennial fee of $10.
How long does it take to get a LLC in Nebraska?
Nebraska takes about 3-5 business days to setup your LLC and receive your certificate.
How do I get an EIN number in Nebraska?
Employer Identification Numbers (EINs) are issued by the Internal Revenue Service. States do not issue EIN numbers.
What does DBI Global Filings do? How much do you charge?
Upon receiving your order, we prepare the articles of formation, ensure that the information complies with Nebraska state law, and review the filing for accuracy. We charge a one-time processing fee and an annual registered agent fee. Our processing fees are listed on our order form.