tennessee STATE MOTTO:
"agriculture and commerce"
We make it easy to start your LLC in Tennessee. DBI Global Filings will handle all aspects of forming your LLC. Here is what we do for you:
- Check your company name for availability with the Tennessee Secretary of State
- Prepare and review name reservation certificate
- Prepare and review the certificate of formation
- Provide an Tennessee registered agent office and legal address
- Submit initial LLC filing fee to Tennessee
- Notify you of any annual compliance requirements
Here is some basic information for your review.
How do I set up a LLC in Tennessee?
- Select a company name. Each Limited Liability Company name must contain the words “Limited Liability Company” or the abbreviation “LLC” or “L.L.C.”)
- Indicate the "fiscal year close" month. December is the default month.
- Indicate how the LLC will be managed: Member Managed, Manager Managed or Director Managed
- Number of managers at the date of filing
- Period of duration, either "perpetual" or list an end date
- List a Principal Executive Office: Include street number, street name, city, state and zip code. PO Boxes are NOT permitted.
- Mailing Address: Include street number, street name, city, state and zip code. A PO Box IS acceptable.
- You can also have other provisions named.
Can I reserve a limited liability company name in advance of formation?
Yes. A name may be reserved for a period of 120 days. There is a $20 filing fee to reserve a LLC name.
Does Tennessee require that members or managers be listed?
No. Tennessee does NOT require that any members or managers be listed on the certificate of formation.
Does Tennessee require a principal office?
Yes. Tennessee requires a principal executive office. The office must be a physical address.
Does Tennessee permit a mailing address?
Yes. You can list a mailing address with Tennessee.
Does Tennessee need a duration listed on the certificate of formation?
Yes. List either "perpetual" or indicate an end date.
Do I need to list a LLC purpose on the certificate of formation?
No. Tennessee does NOT require that a purpose be listed on the certificate.
Do I need to provide Tennessee an email address?
No. Tennessee does NOT require an email address.
How much does it cost for a LLC in Tennessee?
Tennessee charges an initial filing fee of $50 per member. The minimum filing fee is $300 and the maximum filing fee is $3,000.
Are there are annual renewal fees in Tennessee?
Yes. If your LLC has 1 to 6 members, your annual renewal fee is $300. If your LLC has more than 6 members, you will need to add an additional $50 per member for each member of over 6.
When are annual report fees due?
Annual report fees must be paid by the 1st day of the 4th month after the end of your LLC’s fiscal year. Since most people form their LLCs with a December fiscal month, annual report fees are due by April 1.
How long does it take to get a LLC in Tennessee?
Tennessee takes about 4-5 business days to setup your LLC and receive your certificate. There is no expedited filing fee option.
How do I get an EIN number in Tennessee?
Employer Identification Numbers (EINs) are issued by the Internal Revenue Service. States do not issue EIN numbers.
What does DBI Global Filings do? How much do you charge?
Upon receiving your order, we prepare the articles of formation, ensure that the information complies with Tennessee state law, and review the filing for accuracy. We charge a one-time processing fee and an annual registered agent fee. Our processing fees are listed on our order form.