VIRGINIA State Motto:
"tHUS ALWAYS TO TYRANTS"
We make it easy to start your LLC in Virginia. DBI Global Filings, LLC will handle all aspects of forming your LLC. Here is what we do for you:
- Check your company name for availability with the Virginia Secretary of State
- Prepare and review the certificate of formation
- Provide a Virginia registered agent office and legal address
- Submit initial LLC filing fee to Virginia
- Notify you of any annual compliance requirements
Here is some basic information for your review.
How do I set up a LLC in Virginia?
- Select a name of the limited liability company (“the company”). The LLC name must contain the words limited company or limited liability company or the abbreviation L.C., LC, L.L.C. or LLC.
- The name of the company’s initial registered agent.
- The initial registered agent is permitted to be one of the following:
(1) an INDIVIDUAL who is a resident of Virginia and
- a member or manager of the limited liability company
- a member or manager of a limited liability company that is a member or manager of the limited liability company
- an officer or director of a corporation that is a member or manager of the limited liability company.
- a general partner of a general or limited partnership that is a member or manager of the limited liability company
- a trustee of a trust that is a member or manager of the limited liability company
- a member of the Virginia State Bar
(2) a domestic or foreign stock or nonstock corporation, limited liability company or
registered limited liability partnership authorized to transact business in Virginia.
- The company’s initial registered office address, including the street and number, if any, which is identical to the business
office of the initial registered agent
- Indicate where the registered office is located in the county or city
- The company’s principal office address, including the street and number, city, state, and zip code
How much does a LLC cost in Virginia?
The Commonwealth of Virginia’s filing fee for LLC Articles of Organization is $103. Virginia also offers expedited service. Same day service is $200 and next day service is $100.
Does a LLC have to file an annual report in Virginia?
Yes. Each Virginia corporation authorized to transact business in Virginia is required to file an annual report in the Office of the Clerk on or before the last day of the 12th month after it was incorporated or issued a certificate of authority, and by such date in each year thereafter. The annual fee is $50.
What does DBI Global Filings do? How much do you charge?
Upon receiving your order, we prepare the articles of formation, ensure that the information complies with Virginia state law, and review the filing for accuracy. We charge a one-time processing fee and an annual registered agent fee. Our processing fees are listed on our order form.