wisconsin STATE MOTTO:
We make it easy to start your LLC in Wisconsin. DBI Global Filings will handle all aspects of forming your LLC. Here is what we do for you:
- Check your company name for availability with the Wisconsin Secretary of State
- Prepare and review name reservation certificate
- Prepare and review the certificate of formation
- Provide an Wisconsin registered agent office and legal address
- Submit initial LLC filing fee to Wisconsin
- Notify you of any annual compliance requirements
Here is some basic information for your review.
How do I set up a LLC in Wisconsin?
- Select a company name. The name must contain the words Limited Liability Company or Limited Liability Co. or end with the abbreviation LLC (without periods) or L.L.C. (with periods).
- List a Principal Office: Include street number, street name, city, state and zip code. PO Boxes are NOT permitted.
- Mailing Address: Include street number, street name, city, state and zip code. A PO Box IS acceptable.
- Indicate how your LLC is to be managed -- member-managed or manager-managed
- Member or manager information: The limited liability company must list the name, title, address of at least one member or manager of the limited liability company.
- You can also have other provisions named.
Can I reserve a limited liability company name in advance of formation?
Yes. A name may be reserved for a period of 120 days. There is a $15 filing fee to reserve a LLC name.
Does Wisconsin require that members or managers be listed?
No. Wisconsin does NOT require that any members or managers be listed on the certificate of formation.
Does Wisconsin require a principal office?
Yes. Wisconsin requires a principal office. The office must be a physical address. PO boxes can be listed after physical addresses.
Does Wisconsin permit a mailing address?
Yes. You can list a mailing address with Wisconsin. A PO Box IS acceptable.
Does Wisconsin need a duration listed on the certificate of formation?
No. Listing a duration is optional.
Do I need to list a LLC purpose on the certificate of formation?
No. Wisconsin does NOT require that a purpose be listed on the certificate.
Do I need to provide Wisconsin an email address?
No. Wisconsin does NOT require an email address.
How much does it cost for a LLC in Wisconsin?
Wisconsin charges an initial filing fee of $170. Need it expedited? Add an additional $25.
Are there any annual renewal fees in Wisconsin?
Yes. The annual report and a $25 filing fee are due at the end of your “anniversary quarter” (for example, if you originally registered your LLC in the first 3 months of the year, it’s due March 31).
How long does it take to get a LLC in Wisconsin?
Wisconsin takes about 4-7 business days to setup your LLC and receive your certificate.
How do I get an EIN number in Wisconsin?
Employer Identification Numbers (EINs) are issued by the Internal Revenue Service. States do not issue EIN numbers.
What does DBI Global Filings do? How much do you charge?
Upon receiving your order, we prepare the articles of formation, ensure that the information complies with Wisconsin state law, and review the filing for accuracy. We charge a one-time processing fee and an annual registered agent fee. Our processing fees are listed on our order form.