MAINE STATE MOTTO:
We make it easy to start your LLC in Maine. DBI Global Filings will handle all aspects of forming your LLC. Here is what we do for you:
- Check your company name for availability with the Maine Secretary of State
- Prepare and review name reservation certificate
- Prepare and review the certificate of formation
- Provide an Maine registered agent office and legal address
- Submit initial LLC filing fee to Maine
- Notify you of any annual compliance requirements
Here is some basic information for your review.
How do I set up a LLC in Maine?
- Select a company name. A limited liability company name must contain the words “limited liability company” or “limited company” or the abbreviation “L.L.C.,” “LLC,” “L.C.” or “LC” or, in the case of a low-profit limited liability company, “L3C” or “l3c”.
- You can also have other provisions named.
Can I reserve a limited liability company name in advance of formation?
Yes. A name may be reserved for a period of 120 days. There is a $20 filing fee to reserve a LLC name.
Does Maine require that members or managers be listed?
No. Maine does NOT require that any members or managers be listed on the certificate of formation.
Does Maine require a principal office?
No. Maine does NOT require a principal office.
Does Maine permit a mailing address?
Does Maine need a duration listed on the certificate of formation?
Do I need to list a LLC purpose on the certificate of formation?
No. Maine does NOT require that a purpose be listed on the certificate of formation.
Do I need to provide Maine an email address?
No. Maine does NOT require an email address.
Do I need to provide Maine a telephone number?
How much does it cost for a LLC in Maine?
Maine charges an initial filing fee of $175.
Are there any annual renewal fees in Maine?
Yes. Every domestic and foreign limited liability company registered to do business in Maine shall file an annual report due between January 1 and June 1. The annual report fee is $85.
How long does it take to get a LLC in Maine?
Maine takes about 7-10 business days to setup your LLC and receive your formation certificate.
How do I get an EIN number in Maine?
Employer Identification Numbers (EINs) are issued by the Internal Revenue Service. States do not issue EIN numbers.
What does DBI Global Filings do? How much do you charge?
Upon receiving your order, we prepare the articles of formation, ensure that the information complies with Maine state law, and review the filing for accuracy. We charge a one-time processing fee and an annual registered agent fee. Our processing fees are listed on our order form.