maryland STATE MOTTO:
"Strong deeds, gentle words"
We make it easy to start your corporation in Maryland. DBI Global Filings will handle all aspects of forming your corporation. Here is what we do for you:
- Check your company name for availability with the Maryland Secretary of State
- Prepare and review name reservation certificate
- Prepare and review the certificate of incorporation
- Provide an Maryland registered agent office and legal address
- Submit initial corporation filing fee to Maryland
- Notify you of any annual compliance requirements
Here is some basic information for your review.
How do I set up a corporation in Maryland?
- Select a company name. The name must not be misleadingly similar to that of another corporation, LLC, limited partnership or general partnership on file with the Department and the name of the corporation must include one of the following: Corporation, Corp., Incorporated, Inc., Company, Co., Limited, or Ltd.
- The purpose for which the corporation is formed
- List a Principal Office in Maryland: Include street number, street name, city, state and zip code. PO Boxes are NOT permitted.
- State the number of shares authorized and the par value.
- Indicate the number of directors of the corporation. List the names and complete street address of the director(s) who shall act until the first meeting or until their successors are duly chosen and qualified.
Can I Reserve a corporation name in advance of formation?
Yes. A name may be reserved for a period of 30 days. There is a $25 filing fee to reserve a corporation name.
Does Maryland require a principal office?
Yes. Maryland requires a principal office address in Maryland. The office must be a physical address. A PO box is NOT acceptable.
Does Maryland need a duration listed on the certificate of incorporation?
No. Listing a duration is optional.
Do I need to list a corporation purpose on the certificate of formation?
Yes. Maryland does require that a purpose be listed on the certificate. A one or two sentence description is sufficient.
Do I need to provide Maryland an email address?
No. Maryland does NOT require an email address.
How much does it cost for a corporation in Maryland?
Maryland charges an initial filing fee of $120.
Are there are annual renewal fees in Maryland?
Yes. Every domestic and foreign corporation registered to do business in Maryland shall file an annual report on or before April 15 of each year. The annual report fee (Personal Property Return) is $300.
How long does it take to get a corporation in Maryland?
Maryland takes about 4-6 weeks to setup your corporation and receive your certificate. Seven (7) day expedited service is available for an additional fee of $50 per document.
How do I get an EIN number in Maryland?
Employer Identification Numbers (EINs) are issued by the Internal Revenue Service. States do not issue EIN numbers.
What does DBI Global Filings do? How much do you charge?
Upon receiving your order, we prepare the articles of incorporation, ensure that the information complies with Maryland state law, and review the filing for accuracy. We charge a one-time processing fee and an annual registered agent fee. Our processing fees are listed on our order form.