Massachusetts statE MOTTO:
"By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty."
We make it easy to start your corporation in Massachusetts. DBI Global Filings, LLC will handle all aspects of forming your corporation. Here is what we do for you:
- Check your company name for availability with the Massachusetts Secretary of State
- Prepare and review the certificate of formation
- Provide a Massachusetts registered agent office and legal address
- Submit initial corporation filing fee to Massachusetts
- Notify you of any annual compliance requirements
Here is some basic information for your review.
How do I set up a corporation in Massachusetts?
- You must acquire a Federal Tax Identification Number also known as an Employer Identification Number
- Select a company name with one of the following endings: Corporation, Corp., Incorporated, Inc., Company, Co., Limited, or Ltd.
- State the total number of authorized shares and par value
- State any restrictions imposed upon the transfer of shares of any class or series of stock
- Effective date of corporation
- The fiscal year end of the corporation, i.e. December 31
- You will need to state the general character (purpose) of the business
- The street address of the principal office of the corporation
- The street address where the records of the corporation required to be kept in the commonwealth
How much does a corporation cost in Massachusetts?
There is a filing fee of $275. They also offer an expedited processing service for a fee of $22.50.
How long does it take to get an corporation in Massachusetts?
It takes on average between 5 to 7 business days to process your articles of formation. The timeline days not include shipping or mailing time.
Does a corporation have to file an annual report in Massachusetts?
Yes. The annual report filing fee is $125. The annual report is due on or before November each year. If filed after the due date, there is a late fee of $25 due.
What does DBI Global Filings do? How much do you charge?
Upon receiving your order, we prepare the articles of formation, ensure that the information complies with Massachusetts law, and review the filing for accuracy. We charge a one-time processing fee and an annual registered agent fee. Our processing fees are listed on our order form.