minnesota state moTTO:
"the star of the north"
We make it easy to start your corporation in Minnesota. DBI Global Filings will handle all aspects of forming your corporation. Here is what we do for you:
- Check your company name for availability with the Minnesota Secretary of State
- Prepare and review name reservation certificate
- Prepare and review the certificate of formation
- Provide an Minnesota registered agent office and legal address
- Submit initial corporation filing fee to Minnesota
- Notify you of any annual compliance requirements
Here is some basic information for your review.
How do I set up a corporation in Minnesota?
- Select a company name. The company name MUST include one of the following endings: Corporation, Corp., Incorporated, Inc., Company, Co., Limited, or Ltd.
- State the number of authorized shares.
- Organizer information: The limited liability company must list the name, title, business and residence address of at least one organizer of the limited liability company.
- You can also have other provisions named.
Can I reserve a corporation name in advance of formation?
Yes. A name may be reserved for a period of 12 months. There is a $55 filing fee to reserve a corporation name.
Does Minnesota require a principal office?
No. Minnesota does NOT require a principal office.
Does Minnesota need a duration listed on the certificate of formation?
Yes. Duration is to be indicated as "perpetual".
Do I need to list a corporation purpose on the certificate of formation?
No. Minnesota does NOT require that a purpose be listed on the certificate.
Do I need to provide Minnesota an email address?
Yes. Minnesota does require an email address for delivery of official notices.
How much does it cost for a corporation in Minnesota?
Minnesota charges an initial filing fee of $155.
Are there are annual renewal fees in Minnesota?
No. However, every domestic corporation registered to do business in Minnesota must file an annual renewal certificate each year by December 31. There is NO annual report or renewal fee.
How long does it take to get a corporation in Minnesota?
Minnesota takes about 5-7 business days to setup your corporation and receive your certificate.
How do I get an EIN number in Minnesota?
Employer Identification Numbers (EINs) are issued by the Internal Revenue Service. States do not issue EIN numbers.
What does DBI Global Filings do? How much do you charge?
Upon receiving your order, we prepare the articles of formation, ensure that the information complies with Minnesota state law, and review the filing for accuracy. We charge a one-time processing fee and an annual registered agent fee. Our processing fees are listed on our order form.