MISSISSIPPI STATE MOTtO:
"BY VALOR AND ARMS"
We make it easy to start your corporation in Mississippi. DBI Global Filings will handle all aspects of forming your corporation. Here is what we do for you:
- Check your company name for availability with the Mississippi Secretary of State
- Prepare and review the certificate of incorporation
- Provide an Mississippi registered agent office and legal address
- Submit initial corporation filing fee to Mississippi
- Notify you of any annual compliance requirements
Here is some basic information for your review.
How do I set up a corporation in Mississippi?
- Select a company name. The name of the corporation must have one of the following endings: Corporation, Corp., Incorporated, Inc., Company, Co., Limited, or Ltd.
- Indicate the duration of the corporation. The duration can be "perpetual".
- State the purpose of the corporation.
- List a Principal Office: Include street number, street name, city, state and zip code. PO Boxes are NOT permitted.
- Mailing Address: Include street number, street name, city, state and zip code. A PO Box IS acceptable.
- State the number of authorized shares and par value.
- List the corporation's initial officers and directors. State their name, title, and street address.
- You can also have other provisions named.
Can I reserve a corporation name in advance of formation?
Yes. A name may be reserved for a period of 180 days. There is a $25 filing fee to reserve a corporation name.
Does Mississippi need a duration listed on the certificate of incorporation?
No. Listing a duration is optional.
Do I need to list a corporation purpose on the certificate of incorporation?
Yes. Mississippi requires that a purpose be listed on the certificate.
Do I need to provide Mississippi an email address?
No. Mississippi does NOT require an email address.
How much does it cost for a corporation in Mississippi?
Mississippi charges an initial filing fee of $50.
Are there any annual renewal fees in Mississippi?
Yes. Mississippi charges an annual filing fee of $25. An annual report must be filed by April 15.
How long does it take to get a corporation in Mississippi?
Mississippi takes about 3-5 business days to setup your corporation and receive your "stamped" certificate.
How do I get an EIN number in Mississippi?
Employer Identification Numbers (EINs) are issued by the Internal Revenue Service. States do not issue EIN numbers.
What does DBI Global Filings do? How much do you charge?
Upon receiving your order, we prepare the articles of formation, ensure that the information complies with Mississippi state law, and review the filing for accuracy. We charge a one-time processing fee and an annual registered agent fee. Our processing fees are listed on our order form.