MONTANA STATE MOTTO:
"GOLD AND SILVER"
We make it easy to start your LLC in Montana. DBI Global Filings will handle all aspects of forming your LLC. Here is what we do for you:
- Check your company name for availability with the Montana Secretary of State
- Prepare and review name reservation certificate
- Prepare and review the certificate of formation
- Provide an Montana registered agent office and legal address
- Submit initial LLC filing fee to Montana
- Notify you of any annual compliance requirements
Here is some basic information for your review.
How do I set up a LLC in Montana?
- Select a company name. The name must contain the words Limited Liability Company or the abbreviation L.L.C. or LLC.
- List a Principal Office: Include street number, street name, city, county, state and zip code. PO Boxes are NOT permitted.
- Mailing Address: Include street number, street name, city, county, state and zip code. A PO Box IS acceptable.
- Member or manager information: The limited liability company must list the name(s) of members or managers.
- You can also have other provisions named.
Can I reserve a limited liability company name in advance of formation?
Yes. A name may be reserved for a period of 120 days. There is a $10 filing fee to reserve a LLC name.
Does Montana require that members or managers be listed?
Yes. Montana does require that any members or managers be listed on the certificate of formation. All members or managers must include their home or business address.
Does Montana require a principal office?
Yes. Montana requires a principal office. The office must be a physical address.
Does Montana permit a mailing address?
Yes. You can list a mailing address with Montana. A PO Box IS acceptable.
Does Montana need a duration listed on the certificate of formation?
Yes. They will also accept "perpetual".
Do I need to list a LLC purpose on the certificate of formation?
Yes. Montana does require that a purpose be listed on the certificate of formation.
Do I need to provide Montana an email address?
No. Montana does NOT require an email address.
Do I need to provide Montana a telephone number?
Does Montana require a website URL?
How much does it cost for a LLC in Montana?
Montana charges an initial filing fee of $70.
Does Montana offer any expedited services?
Yes. For an expedited review, Montana charges an additional $20.
Are there any annual renewal fees in Montana?
Yes. Every domestic and foreign limited liability company registered to do business in Montana shall file an annual report due within the formation quarter. The annual report fee is $20.
How long does it take to get a LLC in Montana?
Montana takes about 7-10 business days to setup your LLC and receive your formation certificate. Expedited options are available for an additional fee. 24 hour processing is $20. One hour processing is $100.
How do I get an EIN number in Montana?
Employer Identification Numbers (EINs) are issued by the Internal Revenue Service. States do not issue EIN numbers.
What does DBI Global Filings do? How much do you charge?
Upon receiving your order, we prepare the articles of formation, ensure that the information complies with Montana state law, and review the filing for accuracy. We charge a one-time processing fee and an annual registered agent fee. Our processing fees are listed on our order form.