north dakota STATE MOTTO:
"Liberty and union, now and forever, one and inseparable"
We make it easy to start your corporation in North Dakota. DBI Global Filings will handle all aspects of forming your corporation. Here is what we do for you:
- Check your company name for availability with the North Dakota Secretary of State
- Prepare and review the certificate of formation
- Provide an North Dakota registered agent office and legal address
- Submit initial corporation filing fee to North Dakota
- Notify you of any annual compliance requirements
Here is some basic information for your review.
How do I set up a corporation in North Dakota?
- Select a company name. Your entity name must be distinguishable from any name on file in this office. The name must include:
- List a Principal Office: Include street number, street name, city, county, state and zip code. PO Boxes are NOT permitted.
- Mailing Address: Include street number, street name, city, county, state and zip code. A PO Box IS acceptable.
- State the effective filing date.
- State the purpose of your corporation. The default will be "any general legal business."
- State the number of authorized shares.
- State the par value of each share.
- List the name and address of each organizer.
- You can also have other provisions named.
Can I reserve a corporation name in advance of formation?
Yes. A name may be reserved for a period of 120 days. There is a $50 filing fee to reserve a corporation name.
Does North Dakota require a principal office?
Yes. North Dakota requires a principal office. The office must be a physical address.
Does North Dakota need a duration listed on the certificate of formation?
Yes. In addition, North Dakota permits a "perpetual" duration.
Do I need to list a corporation purpose on the certificate of formation?
Yes. North Dakota permits a general purpose statement.
Do I need to provide North Dakota an email address?
Yes. North Dakota does require an email address.
Do I need to provide North Dakota a telephone number?
How much does it cost for a corporation in North Dakota?
North Dakota charges an initial filing fee of $100.
Are there any annual renewal fees in North Dakota?
Yes. Every domestic and foreign limited liability company registered to do business in North Dakota shall file an annual report due August 1. The annual report fee is $25.
How long does it take to get a corporation in North Dakota?
North Dakota takes about 14-21 business days to setup your corporation and receive your formation certificate.
How do I get an EIN number in North Dakota?
Employer Identification Numbers (EINs) are issued by the Internal Revenue Service. States do not issue EIN numbers.
What does DBI Global Filings do? How much do you charge?
Upon receiving your order, we prepare the articles of formation, ensure that the information complies with North Dakota state law, and review the filing for accuracy. We charge a one-time processing fee and an annual registered agent fee. Our processing fees are listed on our order form.