RHODE ISLAND STATE MOTTO:
We make it easy to start your LLC in Rhode Island. DBI Global Filings will handle all aspects of forming your LLC. Here is what we do for you:
- Check your company name for availability with the Rhode Island Secretary of State
- Prepare and review name reservation certificate
- Prepare and review the certificate of formation
- Provide an Rhode Island registered agent office and legal address
- Submit initial LLC filing fee to Rhode Island
- Notify you of any annual compliance requirements
Here is some basic information for your review.
How do I set up a LLC in Rhode Island?
- Select a company name. Your entity name must be distinguishable from any name on file in this office. The name must include “limited liability company,” or the letters “l.l.c.” with or without punctuation.
- List a Principal Office: Include street number, street name, city, county, state and zip code. PO Boxes are NOT permitted.
- Mailing Address: Include street number, street name, city, county, state and zip code. A PO Box IS acceptable.
- Member or manager information: Only if the LLC is manager-managed do you need to list the managers and their addresses.
- You can also have other provisions named.
Can I reserve a limited liability company name in advance of formation?
Yes. A name may be reserved for a period of 120 days. There is a $50 filing fee to reserve a LLC name.
Does Rhode Island require that members or managers be listed?
Yes, if manager-managed. No, if member-managed.
Does Rhode Island require a principal office?
Yes. Rhode Island requires a principal office. The office must be a physical address.
Does Rhode Island need a duration listed on the certificate of formation?
No. Rhode Island permits a "perpetual" duration.
Do I need to list a LLC purpose on the certificate of formation?
Yes. Rhode Island permits a general purpose statement.
Do I need to provide Rhode Island an email address?
Yes. Rhode Island does require an email address.
Do I need to provide Rhode Island a telephone number?
How much does it cost for a LLC in Rhode Island?
Rhode Island charges an initial filing fee of $156.
Are there any annual renewal fees in Rhode Island?
Yes. Every domestic and foreign limited liability company registered to do business in Rhode Island shall file an annual report due between September 1 and November 1. The annual report fee is $50.
How long does it take to get a LLC in Rhode Island?
Rhode Island takes about 3-4 business days to setup your LLC and receive your formation certificate.
How do I get an EIN number in Rhode Island?
Employer Identification Numbers (EINs) are issued by the Internal Revenue Service. States do not issue EIN numbers.
What does DBI Global Filings do? How much do you charge?
Upon receiving your order, we prepare the articles of formation, ensure that the information complies with Rhode Island state law, and review the filing for accuracy. We charge a one-time processing fee and an annual registered agent fee. Our processing fees are listed on our order form.