south carolina STATE MOTTO:
"While I Breathe, I Hope"
We make it easy to start your corporation in South Carolina. DBI Global Filings will handle all aspects of forming your corporation. Here is what we do for you:
- Check your company name for availability with the South Carolina Secretary of State
- Prepare and review name reservation certificate
- Prepare and review the certificate of formation
- Provide an South Carolina registered agent office and legal address
- Submit initial corporation filing fee to South Carolina
- Notify you of any annual compliance requirements
Here is some basic information for your review.
How do I set up a corporation in South Carolina?
- Select a company name. The name of the corporation must contain one of these endings: Corporation, Corp., Incorporated, Inc., Company, Co., Limited, or Ltd.
- List a Principal Office: Include street number, street name, city, state and zip code. PO Boxes are NOT permitted.
- Mailing Address: Include street number, street name, city, state and zip code. A PO Box IS acceptable.
- State the number of authorized shares.
- You can also have other provisions named.
Can I reserve a corporation name in advance of formation?
Yes. A name may be reserved for a period of 120 days. There is a $22 filing fee to reserve a corporation name.
Does South Carolina require a principal office?
Yes. South Carolina requires a principal office. The office must be a physical address. PO boxes can be listed after physical addresses.
Does South Carolina permit a mailing address?
Yes. You can list a mailing address with South Carolina. A PO Box IS acceptable.
Does South Carolina need a duration listed on the certificate of formation?
No. Listing a duration is optional.
Do I need to list a corporation purpose on the certificate of formation?
No. South Carolina does NOT require that a purpose be listed on the certificate.
Do I need to provide South Carolina an email address?
No. South Carolina does NOT require an email address.
How much does it cost for a corporation in South Carolina?
South Carolina charges an initial filing fee of $135.
Are there are annual renewal fees in South Carolina?
No. South Carolina does not have any annual report or annual fees due.
How long does it take to get a corporatin in South Carolina?
South Carolina takes about 7-10 business days to setup your corporation and receive your certificate.
How do I get an EIN number in South Carolina?
Employer Identification Numbers (EINs) are issued by the Internal Revenue Service. States do not issue EIN numbers.
What does DBI Global Filings do? How much do you charge?
Upon receiving your order, we prepare the articles of formation, ensure that the information complies with South Carolina state law, and review the filing for accuracy. We charge a one-time processing fee and an annual registered agent fee. Our processing fees are listed on our order form.