south dakota STATE MOTTO:
"under god the people rule"
We make it easy to start your corporation in South Dakota. DBI Global Filings will handle all aspects of forming your corporation. Here is what we do for you:
- Check your company name for availability with the South Dakota Secretary of State
- Prepare and review the certificate of incorporation
- Provide an South Dakota registered agent office and legal address
- Submit initial corporation filing fee to South Dakota
- Notify you of any annual compliance requirements
Here is some basic information for your review.
How do I set up a corporation in South Dakota?
- Select a company name. Your entity name must be distinguishable from any name on file in this office. The corporation name must include one of the following words: Corporation, Corp., Incorporated, Inc., Company, Co., Limited or Ltd.
- State the purpose of the corporation. (optional)
- State the number of authorized shares.
- List a Principal Office: Include street number, street name, city, county, state and zip code. PO Boxes are NOT permitted.
- You can also have other provisions named.
Can I reserve a corporation name in advance of formation?
Yes. A name may be reserved for a period of 120 days. There is a $50 filing fee to reserve a corporation name.
Does South Dakota require a principal office?
Yes. South Dakota requires a principal office. The office must be a physical address.
Does South Dakota need a duration listed on the certificate of formation?
No. South Dakota permits a "perpetual" duration.
Do I need to list a corporation purpose on the certificate of incorporation?
Yes. South Dakota permits a general purpose statement.
Do I need to provide South Dakota an email address?
No. South Dakota does NOT require an email address.
How much does it cost for a corporation in South Dakota?
South Dakota charges an initial filing fee of $165.
Are there any annual renewal fees in South Dakota?
Yes. Every domestic corporation shall file an Annual Reports each year. The annual report is due every year on the 1st day of the anniversary month of when the business was filed. The annual report fee is $50.
How long does it take to get a corporation in South Dakota?
South Dakota takes about 3-4 business days to setup your corporation and receive your incorporation certificate.
How do I get an EIN number in South Dakota?
Employer Identification Numbers (EINs) are issued by the Internal Revenue Service. States do not issue EIN numbers.
What does DBI Global Filings do? How much do you charge?
Upon receiving your order, we prepare the articles of formation, ensure that the information complies with South Dakota state law, and review the filing for accuracy. We charge a one-time processing fee and an annual registered agent fee. Our processing fees are listed on our order form.