tennessee STATE MOTTO:
"agriculture and commerce"
We make it easy to start your cororation in Tennessee. DBI Global Filings will handle all aspects of forming your corporation. Here is what we do for you:
- Check your company name for availability with the Tennessee Secretary of State
- Prepare and review name reservation certificate
- Prepare and review the certificate of formation
- Provide a Tennessee registered agent office and legal address
- Submit initial corporation filing fee to Tennessee
- Notify you of any annual compliance requirements
Here is some basic information for your review.
How do I set up a corporation in Tennessee?
- Select a company name. Each corporation must contain one of the following words or abbreviations: Corporation, Corp., Incorporated, Inc., Company, Co., Limited, or Ltd.
- Indicate the "fiscal year close" month. December is the default month.
- Effective date or delayed effective date of up to 90 from filing
- Indicate the period of duration, either Perpetual or indicate a month, day and year.
- The number of shares the corporation is authorized to issue
- List a Principal Executive Office: Include street number, street name, city, state and zip code. PO Boxes are NOT permitted.
- Mailing Address: Include street number, street name, city, state and zip code. A PO Box IS acceptable.
- You can also have other provisions named.
Can I reserve a corporation name in advance of formation?
Yes. A name may be reserved for a period of 120 days. There is a $20 filing fee to reserve a corporation name.
Does Tennessee require a principal office?
Yes. Tennessee requires a principal executive office. The office must be a physical address.
Does Tennessee permit a mailing address?
Yes. You can list a mailing address with Tennessee.
Does Tennessee need a duration listed on the certificate of formation?
Yes. List either "perpetual" or indicate an end date with month, day, and year.
Do I need to list a corporation purpose on the certificate of formation?
No. Tennessee does NOT require that a purpose be listed on the certificate.
Do I need to provide Tennessee an email address?
No. Tennessee does NOT require an email address.
How much does it cost for a corporation in Tennessee?
Tennessee charges an initial filing fee of $100.
Are there are annual renewal fees in Tennessee?
Yes. First day of the 4th month following the end of your fiscal year.
When are annual report fees due?
Annual report fees must be paid by the 1st day of the 4th month after the end of your corporation’s fiscal year.
How long does it take to get a corporation in Tennessee?
Tennessee takes about 5-10 business days to setup your corporation and receive your certificate. There is no expedited filing fee option.
How do I get an EIN number in Tennessee?
Employer Identification Numbers (EINs) are issued by the Internal Revenue Service. States do not issue EIN numbers.
What does DBI Global Filings do? How much do you charge?
Upon receiving your order, we prepare the articles of formation, ensure that the information complies with Tennessee state law, and review the filing for accuracy. We charge a one-time processing fee and an annual registered agent fee. Our processing fees are listed on our order form.