TEXAS STATE MOTTO:
We make it easy to start your corporation in Texas. DBI Global Filings will handle all aspects of forming your corporation. Here is what we do for you:
- Check your company name for availability with the Texas Secretary of State
- Prepare and review the certificate of incorporation
- Provide a Texas registered agent office and legal address
- Submit initial corporation filing fee to Texas
- Notify you of any annual compliance requirements
Here is some basic information for your review.
How do I form a corporation in Texas?
- You'll need to select a corporation name. A corporation name may be adopted if the name is distinguishable in the records from other corporations of record or reserved with the Texas Secretary of State and if the name is not likely to mislead the public. Permitted suffixes: Corporation, Company, Incorporated, Incorporation, Limited, Corp., Co., Inc., Ltd.
- Director(s) - A minimum of one (1) director is required for a Texas corporation. You'll also have to state the names and addresses (address can be a street or mailing address) of the person or persons who are to serve as directors until the first annual meeting of shareholders or until their successors are elected and qualified.
- You'll need a Texas registered agent to receive service of process. Our service includes a registered agent service for Texas.
- Authorized Shares - You'll need to list the total number of shares which this corporation is authorized to issue.
- Par Value - The par value of each share must be stated. Or, you can indicate zero (NO) par value.
- This Purpose Statement must be included in your corporation articles of incorporation. (Do not alter Purpose Statement): "The purposes for which the corporation is formed is for the transaction of any and all lawful business for which a for-profit corporation may be organized under the Texas Business Organization Code.
- Organizer - The name and street/mailing address of the organizer must be stated in the certificate of incorporation.
- Effectiveness of Filing - Choose one of these: 1) Certificate of incorporation becomes effective when the document is filed; 2) Effective at a later date, which is not more than ninety (90) days from the date of signing; 3) This document takes effect upon the occurrence of a future event or fact, other than the passage of time. You must state the following event or fact.
How much does a corporation cost in Texas?
Texas charges a one-time fee of $300. They also assess an annual franchise tax fee based on your revenue.
When are Texas corporation franchise taxes due?
The annual franchise tax report is due and payable to Texas each year on or before May 15. The late filing penalty, between 1-30 days late, is $50 plus 5% of the total franchise tax due. If you file over 30 days late, your penalty is $50 plus 10% of your franchise tax due.
What does DBI Global Filings do? How much do you charge?
Upon receiving your order, we prepare the articles of incorporation, ensure that the information complies with Texas state law, and review the filing for accuracy. We charge a one-time processing fee and an annual registered agent fee. Our processing fees are listed on our order form.