UTAH STATE MOTTO:
We make it easy to start your LLC in Utah. DBI Global Filings will handle all aspects of forming your LLC. Here is what we do for you:
- Check your company name for availability with the Utah Secretary of State
- Prepare and review name reservation certificate
- Prepare and review the certificate of formation
- Provide an Utah registered agent office and legal address
- Submit initial LLC filing fee to Utah
- Notify you of any annual compliance requirements
Here is some basic information for your review.
How do I set up a LLC in Utah?
- Select a company name. The name of a limited liability
company must contain the words "limited liability company" or "limited company" or the abbreviation "L.L.C.", "LLC", "L.C.", or "LC". "Limited" may be abbreviated as "Ltd.", and "company" may be abbreviated as "Co.".
- List a Principal Office: Include street number, street name, city, state and zip code. PO Boxes are NOT permitted.
- Mailing Address: Include street number, street name, city, state and zip code. A PO Box IS acceptable.
- Member or manager information: The limited liability company must list the name, title, business and residence address of at least one member or manager of the limited liability company.
- You can also have other provisions named.
Can I reserve a limited liability company name in advance of formation?
Yes. A name may be reserved for a period of 120 days. There is a $22 filing fee to reserve a LLC name.
Does Utah require that members or managers be listed?
No. Utah does NOT require that any members or managers be listed on the certificate of formation. However, at least one Manager, Member or other Governing Person will need to be provided in the annual report.
Does Utah require a principal office?
Yes. Utah requires a principal office. The office must be a physical address. PO boxes can be listed after physical addresses.
Does Utah permit a mailing address?
Yes. You can list a mailing address with Utah. A PO Box IS acceptable.
Does Utah need a duration listed on the certificate of formation?
No. Listing a duration is optional.
Do I need to list a LLC purpose on the certificate of formation?
No. Utah does NOT require that a purpose be listed on the certificate.
Do I need to provide Utah an email address?
No. Utah does NOT require an email address.
Does Utah ask for any inclusion ownership information?
Yes. However, it is optional to answer these questions: 1) Is this a female owned business? Is this a minority owned business?
How much does it cost for a LLC in Utah?
Utah charges an initial filing fee of $70.
Are there any annual renewal fees in Utah?
Yes. Every domestic and foreign limited liability company registered to do business in Utah shall file an annual certificate each year on the company’s anniversary date and shall pay an annual report fee $20.
How long does it take to get a LLC in Utah?
Utah takes about 7-10 business days to setup your LLC and receive your certificate.
How do I get an EIN number in Utah?
Employer Identification Numbers (EINs) are issued by the Internal Revenue Service. States do not issue EIN numbers.
What does DBI Global Filings do? How much do you charge?
Upon receiving your order, we prepare the articles of formation, ensure that the information complies with Utah state law, and review the filing for accuracy. We charge a one-time processing fee and an annual registered agent fee. Our processing fees are listed on our order form.