WEST VIRGINIA STATE MOTTO:
"Mountaineers are Always Free"
We make it easy to start your corporation in West Virginia. DBI Global Filings will handle all aspects of forming your corporation. Here is what we do for you:
- Check your company name for availability with the West Virginia Secretary of State
- Prepare and review the certificate of incorporation
- Provide an West Virginia registered agent office and legal address
- Submit initial corporation filing fee to West Virginia
- Notify you of any annual compliance requirements
Here is some basic information for your review.
How do I set up a corporation in West Virginia?
- Select a company name. The corporate ending must be one of these words or abbreviations: Corporation, Corp., Incorporated, Inc., Company, Co., Limited, or Ltd.
- List a Principal Office: Include street number, street name, city, county, state and zip code. PO Boxes are NOT permitted.
- State your email address.
- State your website address (optional)
- State the number of acres of land it holds or expects to hold in West Virginia.
- You can also have other provisions named.
Can I reserve a corporation name in advance of formation?
Yes. A name may be reserved for a period of 120 days. There is a $15 filing fee to reserve a corporation name.
Does West Virginia require a principal office?
Yes. West Virginia requires a principal office. The office must be a physical address. PO boxes can be listed after physical addresses.
Does West Virginia permit a mailing address?
Yes. You can list a mailing address with West Virginia. A PO Box IS acceptable.
Does West Virginia need a duration listed on the certificate of formation?
No. Listing a duration is optional.
Do I need to list a corporation purpose on the certificate of incorporation?
Yes. West Virginia does require that a purpose be listed on the certificate of formation. As a default, a general purpose statement will be used that the corporation will be involved in any legal activity.
Do I need to provide West Virginia an email address?
Yes. West Virginia does require an email address.
Does West Virginia require a website URL?
No. A company website address is optional.
How much does it cost for a corporation in West Virginia?
West Virginia charges an initial filing fee of $100. The $100 fee is waived for Veteran-owned corporations -- some conditions apply.
Does West Virginia offer any expedited services?
Yes. For 24 hour service, West Virginia charges an additional $25.
Are there any annual renewal fees in West Virginia?
Yes. Every domestic and foreign limited liability company registered to do business in West Virginia shall file an annual report due on July 1 of each year shall pay an annual report fee $25.
How long does it take to get a corporation in West Virginia?
West Virginia takes about 5-10 business days to setup your corporation and receive your "stamped" incorporation certificate.
How do I get an EIN number in West Virginia?
Employer Identification Numbers (EINs) are issued by the Internal Revenue Service. States do not issue EIN numbers.
What does DBI Global Filings do? How much do you charge?
Upon receiving your order, we prepare the articles of formation, ensure that the information complies with West Virginia state law, and review the filing for accuracy. We charge a one-time processing fee and an annual registered agent fee. Our processing fees are listed on our order form.