WEST VIRGINIA STATE MOTTO:
"Mountaineers are Always Free"
We make it easy to start your LLC in West Virginia. DBI Global Filings will handle all aspects of forming your LLC. Here is what we do for you:
- Check your company name for availability with the West Virginia Secretary of State
- Prepare and review name reservation certificate
- Prepare and review the certificate of formation
- Provide an West Virginia registered agent office and legal address
- Submit initial LLC filing fee to West Virginia
- Notify you of any annual compliance requirements
Here is some basic information for your review.
How do I set up a LLC in West Virginia?
- Select a company name. “Limited Liability Company” (LLC, L.L.C,), or “Limited Company” (LC, L.C., Ltd. Co.)
- List a Principal Office: Include street number, street name, city, county, state and zip code. PO Boxes are NOT permitted.
- Mailing Address: Include street number, street name, city, county, state and zip code. A PO Box IS acceptable.
- Member or manager information: The limited liability company must list the name, title, business and residence address of at least one member or manager of the limited liability company (if no business address, must state NONE).
- Name and address of at least one organizer.
- You can also have other provisions named.
Can I reserve a limited liability company name in advance of formation?
Yes. A name may be reserved for a period of 120 days. There is a $15 filing fee to reserve a LLC name.
Does West Virginia require that members or managers be listed?
Yes. West Virginia does require that any members or managers be listed on the certificate of formation. All members or managers must include their home or business address.
Does West Virginia require a principal office?
Yes. West Virginia requires a principal office. The office must be a physical address. PO boxes can be listed after physical addresses.
Does West Virginia permit a mailing address?
Yes. You can list a mailing address with West Virginia. A PO Box IS acceptable.
Does West Virginia need a duration listed on the certificate of formation?
No. Listing a duration is optional.
Do I need to list a LLC purpose on the certificate of formation?
Yes. West Virginia does require that a purpose be listed on the certificate of formation.
Do I need to provide West Virginia an email address?
Yes. West Virginia does require an email address.
Does West Virginia require a website URL?
No. A company website address is optional.
How much does it cost for a LLC in West Virginia?
West Virginia charges an initial filing fee of $100. The $100 fee is waived for Veteran-owned LLCs -- some conditions apply.
Does West Virginia offer any expedited services?
Yes. For 24 hour service, West Virginia charges an additional $25.
Are there any annual renewal fees in West Virginia?
Yes. Every domestic and foreign limited liability company registered to do business in West Virginia shall file an annual report due on July 1 of each year shall pay an annual report fee $25.
How long does it take to get a LLC in West Virginia?
West Virginia takes about 5-10 business days to setup your LLC and receive your formation certificate.
How do I get an EIN number in West Virginia?
Employer Identification Numbers (EINs) are issued by the Internal Revenue Service. States do not issue EIN numbers.
What does DBI Global Filings do? How much do you charge?
Upon receiving your order, we prepare the articles of formation, ensure that the information complies with West Virginia state law, and review the filing for accuracy. We charge a one-time processing fee and an annual registered agent fee. Our processing fees are listed on our order form.