wyoming STATE MOTTO:
We make it easy to start your LLC in Wyoming. DBI Global Filings will handle all aspects of forming your LLC. Here is what we do for you:
- Check your company name for availability with the Wyoming Secretary of State
- Prepare and review the certificate of formation
- Provide an Wyoming registered agent service office and legal address
- Submit initial LLC filing fee to Wyoming
- Notify you of any annual compliance requirements
Here is some basic information about how to set up your business in Wyoming.
How do I set up a LLC in Wyoming?
- Select a company name. The name must include the words “Limited Liability Company,” or its abbreviations “LLC,” “L.L.C.,” “Limited Company,” “LC,” “L.C.,” “Ltd. Liability Company,” “Ltd. Liability Co.,” or “Limited Liability Co.”
- List a Principal Office: Include street number, street name, city, state and zip code. PO Boxes are NOT permitted.
- Mailing Address: Include street number, street name, city, state and zip code. A PO Box IS acceptable.
- You can also have other provisions named.
Can I reserve a limited liability company name in advance of formation?
Yes. A name may be reserved for a period of 120 days. There is a $50 filing fee to reserve a LLC name.
Does Wyoming require that members or managers be listed?
No. Wyoming does NOT require that any members or managers be listed on the certificate of formation.
Does Wyoming require a principal office?
Yes. Wyoming requires a principal office. The office must be a physical address. PO boxes can be listed after physical addresses.
Does Wyoming permit a mailing address?
Yes. You can list a mailing address with Wyoming. A PO Box IS acceptable.
Does Wyoming need a duration listed on the certificate of formation?
No. Listing a duration is optional.
Do I need to list a purpose on the LLC article of formation?
No. Wyoming does NOT require that a purpose be listed on the certificate.
Do I need to provide Wyoming an email address?
Yes. Wyoming requests an email address so they can send the certificate of evidence and annual report reminders.
How much does it cost for a LLC in Wyoming?
Wyoming charges an initial filing fee of $100.
Are there any annual renewal fees in Wyoming?
Yes. Annual reports are due every year on the first day of the anniversary month of formation. If not paid within 60 days of the due date the entity will be subject to dissolution. The annual report fee is $25.
How long does it take to get a LLC in Wyoming?
Wyoming takes about 3-5 business days to setup your LLC and receive your certificate.
How do I get an EIN number in Wyoming?
Employer Identification Numbers (EINs) are issued by the Internal Revenue Service. States do not issue EIN numbers.
Does Wyoming require an operating agreement?
No. Wyoming law does not require that you have an operating agreement for your LLC. However, it is highly recommended that you have one. We can provide a Wyoming LLC operating agreement template. The advice and counsel of a Wyoming attorney is recommended.
What does DBI Global Filings do? How much do you charge?
Upon receiving your order, we prepare the articles of formation, ensure that the information complies with Wyoming state law, and review the filing for accuracy. We charge a one-time processing fee and an annual registered agent fee. Our processing fees are listed on our order form.